CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician Certification Classes
Our 3-day CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician (HIT)
Certification Boot Camp focuses on preparing you with the real-world skills required to pass the exam. The Healthcare IT Technician certification covers the knowledge and skills required to implement, deploy,
and support health care IT systems in various clinical settings.
When you attend our three day HealthCare IT class, you will live, learn, and take the exam in one of our state-of-the-art education centers. This
blended-learning course employs outcome-based (Lecture | Lab | Review) delivery that focuses on preparing you with the real-world skills required to pass the certification exam and
will empower you to take the next pivotal step in your career.
Benefits of Healthcare IT Technician Certification
The U.S. healthcare market represents one of the largest and fastest growing sectors of our economy. The administration of this vast system is slowly changing, driven by the need to
control costs, improve efficiencies and enhance performance. At the heart of this change stands information technology. This signals an opportunity to help healthcare practices better
leverage information management technologies. Federal initiatives are catapulting Health IT Professional Certification to the top of the healthcare industry's priority list. With fewer than 5
% of hospitals (excluding Veterans Administration facilities) and less than 20% of clinicians currently using electronically integrated systems—due in large part to a highly publicized
skills shortage—the demand for knowledge-equipped and professionally certified health IT professionals is sky-rocketing. Get certified now and be ahead of the curve!
The Healthcare IT Technician certificate will show that the successful candidate has the
knowledge and skills required to implement, deploy, and support Health IT systems in various clinical settings. Successful candidates will understand regulatory requirements, healthcare
terminology/acronyms, and possess a basic understanding of practice workflow while adhering to code of conduct policies and security best practices.
CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician Class Includes:
- Intensive Hands-on Training by Business Objects Authorized Instructors utilizing our (Lecture | Lab | Review) Delivery
- Blended-Learning Instruction comprised of comprehensive study materials and pre- class mentoring, customized, comprehensive materials, and Self-Test Testing Software
- Three (3) Days of Deluxe Hotel Accommodation
- 24-Hour Lab and Instructor Access
- Examination Voucher & On-site Certification Testing
- Most Meals; Unlimited Beverages, Snacks and Freshly-brewed Coffee
- Examination Passing Policy
Healthcare IT Technician Certification Covers
- Identify standard agencies, laws, and regulations.
- Explain and classify HIPAA controls and compliance issues.
- Summarize regulatory rules of record retention, disposal, and archiving.
- Explain and interpret legal best practices, requirements, and documentation.
- Use best practices for handling PHI in the workplace.
- Identify EHR/EMR access roles and responsibilities.
- Apply proper communication methods in the workplace.
- Identify organizational structures and different methods of operation.
- Given a scenario, execute daily activities while following a code of conduct.
- Identify commonly used IT terms and technologies.
- Demonstrate the ability to setup a basic PC workstation within an EHR/EMR environment.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and solve common PC problems.
- Install and configure hardware drivers and devices.
- Compare and contrast basic client networks and tools.
- Setup basic network devices and apply basic configuration settings.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and solve common network problems.
- Explain the features of different backup configurations and the associated maintenance practices.
- Classify different server types, environments, features, and limitations.
- Compare and contrast EHR/EMR technologies and how each is implemented.
- Identify commonly used medical terms and devices.
- Explain aspects of a typical clinical environment.
- Identify and label different components of medical interfaces.
- Determine common interface problems and escalate when necessary.
- Explain the basics of document imaging.
- Given a scenario, determine common clinical software problems.
- Describe change control best practices and its system-wide effects.
- Explain physical security controls.
- Apply best practices when creating and communicating passwords.
- Classify permission levels based on roles.
- Identify different remote access methods and security controls.
- Recognize wireless security protocols and best practices.
- Implement best practices in secure disposal of electronic or physical PHI.
- Implement backup procedures based on disaster recovery policies.
- Identify common security risks and their prevention methods.
Healthcare IT Technician Class Dates and Locations
July 15-17, 2013 Washington, DC
Aug 5-7, 2013 Raleigh-Durham, NC
Sept 9-11, 2013 Pocono Mountains, PA
Nov 11-13, 2013 Tempe, AZ
****Refund Policy- For full refund, class or boot camp must be canceled via email or fax at least 14 days prior to
start of class. CISSP cancellation period is 21 days due to arrangement of tests via ISC2.