MCPD Boot Camp Training Classes for Microsoft .NET 4.0 Certification
During our 14-day Microsoft .NET 4 Microsoft Certified Professional Developer Training Boot Camp students
will live, learn, and take the exams at one of our state-of-the-art education centers. This blended-learning course employs outcome-based (Lecture | Lab | Review)
delivery that focuses on preparing you with the real-world skills required to pass the simulator-based exams (and to hit the ground running in your career). This course distinguishes you as an expert C#.NET
and/or VB.net developer in developing Data Access application, ASP.NET 4 and web development technologies.
The MCPD course is designed to teach how to design, architect, and build interactive, data-driven multi-tier service-oriented applications. This helps developers
build Windows, Web, and Enterprise Application Development platforms using C# and/or VB.net Framework 4.
Candidates for the prerequisite MCTS certifications in Web, Windows, ADO.NET, and WCF are expected to have: at least two years of experience developing Microsoft .NET applications
using Visual Studio. Candidates for the MCPD certification should have at least 3-5 years of on-the-job experience dedicated to enterprise application development. Relevant job titles include:
- Software Architect
- Software Engineer
- Web Developer
Dates and Location
Boot Camp Outline
Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Modeling data: Map Entities and Relationships by using the Entity Data Model and LINQ to SQL; Connecting a POCO model to the Entity Framework; Create model-defined functions.
- Context: Creating, configuring, and securing connections; Managing the DataContext and ObjectContext; Caching data; Working with ADO.NET Data Services.
- Querying data: Executing SQL, LINQ, and Entity SQL queries; Query XML Data; Query Data using ADO.NET Data Services.
- Manipulating data: Creating CRUD statements using SQL and DataContext; Managing Transactions; Creating disconnected objects.
- Deploying Reliable Applications: Monitoring and collecting performance data; Handling Exceptions; Protecting and synchronizing Data; Deploying ADO.NET components.
Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Using Web Forms Controls: Validating user input; Creating the page layout; Implementing User and Server Controls.
- Web Forms Pages: Master and Content Pages; Globalization and Localization; Page Life Cycle Events; Caching; State management.
- Functionality and Usability of a Solution: Authentication and Authorization; Providers, HttpHandlers, and HttpModules; Error handling.
- Services: Referencing and configuring ASMX and WCF services; Configuring projects and solutions, and reference assemblies; Debugging and Deploying ASP.NET applications.
- Manipulating Data: Implementing data-bound and DataSource controls; Querying and Manipulating data using LINQ. Creating and consuming data services and Dynamic Data projects.
- ASP.NET MVC2: Creating custom routes controllers, and actions; Structure of an ASP.NET MVC application; Creating and customizing MVC views
Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- User Interface by Using Basic Techniques: Controls and control hierarchies; Styles and theming; Animation in WPF.
- User Interface by Using Advanced Techniques: Routed events in WPF and WPF commanding; User-defined controls and working with graphics; Multimedia in WPF;
Control templates in WPF; Create data, event, and property triggers in WPF.
- Managing Data at the User Interface layer: Data Binding; Value Converters in WPF; Data validation; Consuming change notification events; Collections of data and binding hierarchical data; Data templates in WPF.
- Functionality and Usability of a Solution: Integration of WinForms and WPF; Asynchronous processing and threading; Globalization and localization; Drag and drop
operations; Security; User and application settings; Dependency properties.
- releasing a solution: WPF test strategies; Debug XAML using WPF visualize; Debug WPF using PresentationTraceSources; ClickOnce deployment; Windows Installer project; Deployment security settings.
Windows Communication Foundation
- Creating Services: Create service and operation contracts; Create data contracts; Create message contracts; Implement generic message handling; Implement RESTful
services; Create and configure a Routing service; Create and configure a Discovery service.
- Configuring Services:; Create and configure endpoints; Configure behaviors; Implement self hosting; Implement web server hosting.
- Consuming Services: Create a service proxy; Configure client endpoints; Invoke a service; Consume RESTful services; Implement service discovery.
- Securing Services: Secure bindings; Message security; Authentication; Authorization; Impersonation; Security auditing.Manage the Service Instance Life Cycle: Service
Instances; Sessions; Transactions; Concurrency; Manage consistency between instances, sessions, transactions and concurrency.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Distributed Systems: Configure message logging; Configure diagnostics; Debug client-service interactions.
Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework
- Application Architecture
- User ExperienceDesigning Data Strategies and Structures
- Security Architecture and Implementation
- Investigating Application Issues
- Deployment Strategy
Daily Class Schedule
Day 3 MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Data Access
- Exam 70-516 TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Day 7 MCTS .NET Framework 4, Web Applications
- Exam Exam 70-515 TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Day 10 MCTS .NET Framework 4, Windows Applications
- Exam 70-511 TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Day 13 MCTS .NET Framework 4, Service Communications Applications
- Exam 70-513 TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Day 14 MCPD: Windows Developer 4 or MCPD: Web Developer 4
- Exam Student to choose an exam track from:
Exam 70-518 PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Exam 70-519 PRO
: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Boot Camp Includes the Following
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilizing our (Lecture | Lab | Review) Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials and Pre-Class Mentoring, Program Courseware, and Self-Testing Software
- Deluxe Package of Fourteen (14) Days of Hotel Accommodations, Breakfast and Lunch, Unlimited Beverages, Snacks, and Freshly-brewed Coffee
- 24-Hour Lab and Instructor Access
- Examination Vouchers & On-site Certification Testing
- Examination Passing Policy
Dates and Locations
April 8-21, 2013
May 6-19, 2013
June 3-16, 2013
June 10-23, 2013
June 17-30, 2013
Pocono Mountains, PA
Los Angeles, CA
July 15-28, 2013
Aug 5-18, 2013
Pocono Mountains, PA
Sept 9-22, 2013
Oct 14-27, 2013
Pocono Mountains, PA
Nov 4-17, 2013
San Francisco, CA
For full refund, class or boot camp must be canceled in writing via email or fax at least 14 days prior to start of class.