Cisco Optical ONS-TDM SONET Optical Classes Training for OMSTP2
OMSTP2 Training Class for Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP data over DWDM network.
The Cisco Optical ONS-TDM SONET Training Class for OMSTP2will teach you about the Cisco ONS 15454 DWDM platform, how it is a scalable and powerful optical platform. With ease of use
approach this platform this class will teach you how to lower the cost and increases the efficiency of DWDM and mixed DWDM/TDM networks. The Training class (OMSTP) gives you the opportunity to
learn how to operate, troubleshoot and test the Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP system through classroom instruction and hands-on training.
The Cisco Optical OMSTP2 class will show you the data features and functions of Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) Release 9
.2 in this intensive lab course. Learn the important theoretical concepts that underlie data encapsulation and how the concepts are put to use in the ONS 15454 MSTP system.
You will learn to successfully deploy data over DWDM in your network. Learn to determine which MSTP cards to use based on your network requirements.
You will be working in small groups of up to three people per node, teach you a wide range of tasks covering many system features and functions. You will have have an opportunity to
participate in every lab. Lab exercises rely on the Cisco Optical ONS 15454 user documentation for references to specific procedures.You will learn how to configure a six-node
mesh network. The mesh capability of the Cisco MSTP allows up to eight spans of 40 or 80 channels to be connected together under system control. In the class you will learn how the
TDM network can be "tied" to the DWDM network using provisionable patch cords, and you will examine ADM10G within the DWDM network.
Cisco ONS-TDM SONET Training Class for OSMTP2 Covers
- How the Cisco MSTP WXC-based mesh network is configured and operates
- The benefits of the Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP data cards
- The Benefits of a Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP system for data over DWDM
- 2.5 Gigabit transponder, 2.5 Gigabit and 10 Gigabit data cards, and Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet crossponders with G.709 options Configuration
- 5 Gigabit and 10 Gigabit data cards Configuration
- Ethernet options for Layer 1 transport using Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet crossponder cards
- Provision incoming Class of Service (CoS) marking by port and by customer VLAN and incoming traffic shaping
- Quality of Service as implemented in the Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet crossponder cards
- Configure provisionable patch cords between TDM and DWDM shelves, create a TDM network through the DWDM nodes, and show the integrated circuit records
- ADM-10G time division multiplexing options for data and how to configure both dual and single card subnetworks within the DWDM and install DS3 and GigE circuits
- Ethernet options for Layer 2 protected and unprotected data ring circuits using Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet crossponder cards
With our hands-on labs during class, you will learn the steps to configure Cisco Transport Control, WXC-based DWDM Mesh network, 2.5 Gigabit transponders, 2.5 Gigabit and 10
Gigabit data cards, Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet crossponders, and 10 Gigabit Add-Drop Multiplexer (ADM-10G). You'll also review G.709 encapsulation, G.7041 Generic
Framing Protocol (GFP), forward error correction, and Ethernet. Learn to install provisionable patch cords, create a TDM network through the DWDM, and show the integrated TDM/DWDM
circuit records. You will also be able to create dual and single ADM10G subnetworks, as well as to create DS3 and GigE circuits through them.
Cisco OSMTP2 Training Labs
- Lab 1: Managing Cisco Transport Controller (CTC) and View Network
- Lab 2: Configure Six-Node Mesh Network
- Lab 3: Installation of PPC and OC48 TDM Network through DWDM
- Lab 4: Install 2.5G Transponders and Data Circuits
- Lab 5: Install 2.5G and 10G DME Data Cards and Circuits
- Lab 6: Install 10GTE-XP, GE-XP Cards, and Layer 1 Circuits
- Lab 7 10GE-XP and GE-XP Y-cable protection Configuration
- Lab 8: The Installation of 10GE-XP and GE-XP Layer 2 Ring and Circuit
- Lab 9: The Installation of ADM10G Single and Dual Subnetworks
- Lab10: ADM10G TDM Circuits Using DS3 Installation
- Lab11: ADM10G Protection Installation
Dates and Locations - OMSTP2 Optical Class
Jun 17 - 20, 2013 Atlanta, GA
Aug 26 - 29, 2013 New York, NY
Sep 3 - 6, 2013 Washington, DC
Sep 9 - 12, 2013 Dallas, TX
Sep 23 - 26, 2013 Atlanta, GA
For full refund, class or boot camp must be canceled in writing via email or fax at least 14 days prior to start of class.