PMI CAPM Certification Requirements
The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®will distinguish you in the job market and enhance your skills and knowledge working on project teams. Project management is a rapidly growing industry.
Through 2020, 1.57 million new jobs will be created each year and qualified practitioners are in demand. The CAPM®, certification can open the doors to many opportunities for you.
How do I become CAPM certified?
To apply for CAPM certification an individual must:
- Satisfy educational and experience requirements*
- If candidate does not have at least 1,500 hours of work experience, then complete a minimum of 23 contact hours of instruction that addresses all nine knowledge areas
- Pass the CAPM Certification Examination
- To obtain CAPM certification examination paper application, note that it is included in the CAPM Handbook, please refer to: http://www.pmi.org
- Mail (no fax or email accepted) completed application, resume, experience verification form and fee ** to:
PMI® Certification Department
14 Campus Boulevard
Newtown Square, PA 19073-3299 USA
Maintain your CAPM Certification
To maintain your CAPM credential, you do not need to earn PDUs. Instead, you must take a re-exam before the end of your five-year certification cycle
*PMI® requires that a candidate hold a minimum of a high school diploma or global equivalent. Additionally, they must document a minimum of 1,500 hours of project management experience OR
complete a minimum of 23 contact hours of educational instruction that addresses the five process groups and nine knowledge areas.
- The certification exam has 150 multiple choice questions, and you have three hours to complete it.
- To maintain your CAPM, you must retake the exam every five years.
- Price Member US $225 Non-member US $300
- Regardless of how advanced your project experience or education might be, you should still prepare vigorously for the exam. A successful CAPM candidates typically use multiple study
aids — including courses, self-study and study groups — and will spend many hours to prepare, so make sure you leave yourself plenty of preparation time before you take the exam.