and Installing the Flash Player
download and install the Flash Player according to your operating
system and browser, go to the Macromedia
Flash Player Download Center
If you do not have an Internet connection, please click here to install the Flash Player.
Testing the Flash Player
test your Macromedia Flash Player installation , go to the
Web Players page.
A version of the Macromedia Flash Player is pre-installed with most popular Internet browsers. Sometimes, problems with a Flash Player that's already installed can prevent your upgrading to the latest player. You can resolve almost all difficulties by taking the following steps:
1. Check the system requirements to ensure your configuration is supported.
2. Make sure you have the latest version of your Internet browser. Installing a new browser can often repair issues with browser installations, and newer browsers may also offer improved security. Note that for Netscape users, Macromedia recommends updating to at least version 6.2 or higher. Though Netscape 4.x is supported, Netscape 6.1 and 6.0 are not supported.
3. Download the desired browser installer to your desktop, but don't run the installer yet.
4. Uninstall Flash Player
5. Restart your computer.
6. If you downloaded an installer for your Web browser in Step 1, run that installer now and follow its instructions. Restart again if prompted.
7. Finally, download and install the Flash Player from the Macromedia Flash Player Download Center .
Flash Support Center
you require additional assistance for the Macromedia Flash Player,
please go to the Macromedia
Flash Support Center.